Monday 2 April 2012

Monday

I have been seriously motivated to work on The New York Cardigan. I spent all my weekend knitting on it. I got one sleeve don, the other sleeve almost done, and then I got bored knitting the sleeves so last night I started working on the lace pattern on the back.



I'm feeling my motivation slowly fading though, and last night I suddenly had a great idea to knit a lap shawl/blanket for a very special somebody. I found the nicest pattern on ravelry, and started the search for yarn but, I am on a self proclaimed yarn diet (harder for me to stick to than an actual diet).

Sooooo, instead of buying the perfect yarn, I'm dying it! I have a whole bunch of natural colored super yummy soft wool that is just sitting in the yarnoir. I wanted a really nice light beige color and so I used what i had on hand...a pot of coffee and a jug of vinegar. Saves me having to pull out all my stuff for using acid dyes (not safe to use in your regular pots).






No comments:

Post a Comment