Tuesday 13 March 2012

Designing!

I have a new obsession! Writing my own patterns.

It is so much more fun than following a pattern.

It's funny because when I first taught myslef to knit I had trouble wrapping my head around it. I didn't know where I was or what was next, I couldn't tell what I had jsut done, I couldn't see the difference between a knit and a purl and I had a hard time counting rows or stitches in my knitting. It was kind of sad actually. One time I was knitting away, and then I realized that I had somehow manage to turn my work around and was knitting on the wrong side in the round...and another time I was supposed to turn and purl but instead I turned and started knitting backwards the wrong way, it was interesting.

But slowly as I've knit more and more, it has beome something I can do with my eyes closed, literally, I knit for 45 minutes straight in the dark while we drove home the other night!

So far I've created a Welly Sock pattern (which has recently become a pain in my you know what) and a super simple reglan style sweater for Dex. I will take some pictures and post them soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment