Saturday 14 July 2012

I dyed this weekend!

I wish I could dye all the time, I love when I dye.

Okay, okay, enough of that. It's early, it sounded funnier in my brain.

I love dyeing yarn. Actually, I dont love dyeing the yarn but I love the preparation, the picking out of colors, mixing up different shade and planning what I will do.

You need to use vinegar to dye yarn and I HATE the smell of vinegar. I don't like getting dye on my fingers, or splashed in my face so that later The Mister tells me my nose is a funny shade of yellow. I hate the smell of vinegar.

I love the results, I love seeing how different yarns pick up different shades of color, and how different the yarn looks in the end from how I pictured it in the beginning.

Did I mention I hate the smell of vinegar? 

And so, I don't do it very often, but when I do I always think 'I should dye yarn more often.' 





This will be a Little MIss Who for Ris eventually. I'm testing the pattern for Keltie, my BKF (Best Knitting Friend)





No comments:

Post a Comment